Friday, December 24, 2004

the place where things burn (2001)

So I am back to my old tactics.
The only place to be silent is among
a hundred conversations.

Among a hundred blurred, indistiguishable
conversations. each of moderate intensity.
everythingburnsme.

I am no longer in awe of existentialist writing.
I no longer seek to translate myself to myself by
literary quotations:
"an unexamined life is not worth living"?

so you say socrates.

sometimes examination is trite and foul.
sometimes it is useless.
perhaps it is better to live and let things burn,
allowing my originality to be expressed
rather than pondering its sincerity, inspiration, utility.

everythingburns.
eavesdropping here is a burden.
everythingburns.

nothing is hot yet everything burns.
and I believe that it will continue to do so
until new inspiration and creativity rears its
mysterious head.

it awaits manifestation...something waits.
maybe it is in the fire?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home