Friday, December 24, 2004

solitude (1999)

In desolate environments I stand
surrounded with robotic multitudes
of human beings.
Many rush through busy streets
in desperation.
Anticipating their soon-to-be
short-lived destination.

I stand and I watch as they whiz
by me; automobiles on a turnpike.

Blank stares have become warm greetings.
Shoves and pushes are now handshakes.

But I stand in my friendly,
welcoming solitude and hope
that one day a stranger will
stop and smile.

Pray that humanity has been
covered under the blanket of
simple existence.

Isn't that exactly what we live to do?
exist in solitude.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helenism said...

This could have a political titl: "the bad side of liberalism"

1:58 a.m.  
Blogger Helenism said...

This could have a political titl: "the bad side of liberalism"

1:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home