Monday, May 08, 2006

Hot Docs 2006


My friend Yeow Tong, a brilliant Singaporean Ph.D. student in my department, posing with the Malaysian Director/Producer of The Last Communist, Amir Muhammad.)

Hot Docs is great.
I saw three movies this week and thanks to my friends, CBC and my eternal student status, I did not need to purchase a pass to see the films.
* The Last Communist (in Malay, 'Lelaki Komunis Terakhir')
All of these films were very different and struck a cord with the interactive audience. In each film I loved some parts and disliked others, however, each is worth watching, so let me not be the film critic who could influence you on whether or not to see the films. See the films - all the directors worked mighty hard.

Had I more time I would have seen a lot more documentaries. They are my favourite type of film media. I wish Hot Docs ran throughout the year. Toronto is magnificient!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, what has happened to the film 'The Last Communist'

http://www.mstar.com.my/cms/content.jsp?id=com.tms.cms.article.Article_12679d46-c0a85062-13b625b0-f9f0cb39 (Malay edition)

'The Last Communist' banned

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/50719 (English edition)

9:10 a.m.  
Blogger Helenism said...

That's too bad! Do you know if Amir predicted this would happen?

3:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home